Ridgeway’s story has been one of continual growth and expansion and is now ranked as a Top 20 largest Motor Retail Group in the UK and listed as 12th on the latest Sunday Times Top Track 250 league table (2014) of Britain’s leading mid-market private companies.
Ridgeway operate across 10 premium brands in the south of England and to support our ambitions for further growth we are looking for a talented individual to lead the Audi Division.
You will be a high performer who consistently exceeds targets and expectations. He / She will take overall responsibility for the two busy Audi Centres in Newbury and Oxford.
You must be hands on, financially astute, have effective communication skills – plus have a strong understanding of the key levers to deliver business growth, net profit and cost control, together with unrivalled levels of customer and employee satisfaction.
We can offer an excellent pay package and the pleasure of working with one of the finest automotive products in the world. If you have the drive, determination and are passionate about succeeding we would like to hear from you.
Newbury and Oxford
To ensure that the Newbury Audi and Oxford Audi is operated in line with the Audi Operations policy, taking overall responsibility for the two Audi Centres and to deliver a commensurate return on budget for Ridgeway. To achieve our joint aspirational targets with our manufacturer partner Audi and to deliver unrivalled levels of customer satisfaction.
- Develop a customer service driven environment and culture through regular communication, team building and coaching with the managers and employees of the two Audi Centres in Newbury and Oxford.
- Communicate and maintain customer service standards and measurements in line with the requirements of CEM
- Provide clear leadership by ensuring the vision and objectives for the business are understood and communicated by the Centre team.
- Recruit, train and develop department managers in line with organisational requirements.
- Agree objectives and work standards with department managers and review their performance on a regular basis.
- Develop and monitor the business plan for all areas with the Group Operations Director and Audi UK in order to meet business objectives, profit margins and market penetration.
- Formulate and agree marketing activities and budgets for the Centres in order to create and maintain brand awareness.
- Ensure that Audi Franchise operating standards, policies, procedures and financial controls are regularly monitored and reviewed in order to maximise the business performance.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of Health and Safety requirements and regularly review with departmental managers in order to comply with Health and Safety regulations.
- Liaise on a regular basis with Group Operations Director and Audi UK representatives to review key performance indicators of the business.
- To maximise sales and profitability through satisfaction and retention of customers, to meet sales forecasts and objectives.
- To develop and agree business plans and budgets, including new and used cars, fleet, service, parts, accessories and overheads and all other related items.
- To ensure optimum stock of cars on premises and/or on order.
- To formulate and implement training staff plans.
- To maintain agreed annual rate of stock turnover.
- To ensure Audi contractual obligations and staffing levels are correct to the manufacturers and Centre requirements
- To contribute to the development of the Centre in terms of business and general policy.
- To deal with customer complaints in a timely manner and in accordance with company, complete all relevant forms and maintain log according to company policy. Carry out weekly/monthly meetings with the Management team.
- Attend and prepare for weekly/monthly meetings.
- To monitor all contracts and leads to ensure a high conversion rate is achieved.
- To formulate sales targets for each sales person ensuring they are achieved.
- To ensure Pre-Delivery inspections and any sanctioned repairs/servicing are carried out prior to delivery to the customer and ensure handover event meets VQM and Brand requirements.
- Operate staff performance and appraisal systems and ensure action is taken on results.
- To ensure full compliance of all Sales Personnel to Audi VQM requirement.
- To ensure correct model mix or demonstrators is obtained according to business and market trends.
- Maximise conversion of customer opportunity.
- Maximise customer referral and retention as measured by referral rates, customer satisfaction and customer complaints.
- Protect shareholder investment and return, and adherence to Ridgeway financial control and operating policies. In particular, management of vehicle debtors in line with Ridgeway policy.
- MOTOR TRADE EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL.
In the first instance please send your CV and covering email to Ridgeway’s Group Operations Director, Jon Head: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, due to the large volume of CVs we receive for each position, we are not able to respond to every applicant individually. We will only make contact with you if you are selected for the first stage of the interview process (within 2 weeks of receipt).
In all cases we will keep your CV on file for future reference.